- Category: Public Notices
- Published on 02 September 2009
- Written by Mount Vernon Optic-Herald
Franklin County will use the following rules and procedures to comply with its responsibility under the Indigent Health Care and Treatment Act.
An application form can be requested from the County Treasurer’s office. Assistance in completing the form will be provided, if needed. Contact Marla Carrell for assistance.
Franklin County will use rules and procedures found in the County Indigent Health Care program handbook published by the Texas Dept. of Human Services. In summary, the rules are as follows:
1. Application forms must be
complete, signed and correct.
2. Verification of income, termination of income, residence, household composition, and resources are
required, if questionable.
3. Net income cannot exceed the following guidelines:
COUNTY INDIGENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM
MAXIMUM COUNTABLE INCOME STANDARDS
FAMILY SIZE MAXIMUM INCOME
4. Liquid resources and assets cannot exceed $2000.00 or $3000.00 if household contains a relative who is aged or disabled. The equity value of a car greater than $4650.00 is countable against the $2000.00 limit. Personal property and homestead are exempt.
5. Eligible persons must be Franklin County residents.
6. Applicants must provide all requested information and documentation requested or applicants will be denied.
7. Applicants have the right to appeal any adverse decisions.
(FC treas IHC 5-1tc 09)